Vintage Industrial Instrument / Airplane / Jet / Aviation / British (RAF) Basic Six Instrument Panel Lamp #CC45 sold
- The instrument panel feature for this lamp is of British origin, The basic six or six pack is a common British design which has been used in many of the RAF fleet since 1938. Many cockpits images of this panel can be found onboard the British Spitfire aircraft before 1950. The instruments are old and the Mach instrument indicates it was used in a turbojet powered aircraft. British turbojet of this time period would possibly be the Gloster Meteor. The Meteor was the first and only allied Jet fighter in service during WWII and also used in the beginning of the Korean War before 1952. The Meteor was a subsonic turbojet with a airspeed record of 616 MPH, this would be consistent with the airspeed instrument in this panel.
- Instruments are all lighted with LED lights. The original eyebrow lights have been upgraded to more reliable and low powered bright LED lights. Two each high reliable LEDs are installed in all six instruments. One instrument is lighted from within and the other instruments are lighted with eyebrow lights.
- Aircraft gears used on this lamp were salvaged from various old aircraft and repurposed to complement this lamps machine age look.
- Black iron re-purposed pipe and fittings are used to secure and support the frame structure of this lamp. Some parts and fittings are old and some are new. Lamp frame is painted with a special metallic iron finish.
- Electrical components used within this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Included with this lamp is a 60W Antique Vintage Edison style bulb; any standard size medium bulb will work.
- Located on back side of this lamp is a variable intensity dimmer control, which adjusts the vintage style bulb for desired light level output. This power control dimmer is also a push on-push off power control switch for the vintage style bulb.
- Also located on the back side of this lamp is a push button switch to separately operate the six instrument lights.
- Lamp weigh is 27 H=21 1/2 ”, W= 14 ”, D= 13 1/2 ”
- Rubber tip protectors are secured to the feet of this lamp to help protect the surface where it sets.
- Heavy duty 8 ft. power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards. LED power supply is safely fuzzed switchable, and isolated from lamp power.
- Each lamp has a copper name plate riveted to back side with serial number stamped. I have sold several lamps and stand behind my workmanship. Satisfaction guaranteed.
- Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.