About Machine Age Lamps, LLC
Returns and Exchanges
- 100% satisfaction guarantee
- Not happy with your purchase for any reason, we will gladly accept it back for a refund minus shipping costs, Just call us within 7 days of receiving your lamp or table, (1-612-804-2247) we will help determine the best method for the return
- Most of our products ship via UPS ground, larger items will ship on skid via a freight company
- Shipping is free inside the contiguous USA for all our products
- Shipping to locations outside the USA, please call for a quote. we will pay a portion of the costs to ship outside the USA
About the Artist/Owner/Founder "Shawn Carling"
- A few years ago, wanting to give his father a Christmas gift reminiscent of his life on the family farm, Shawn Carling found some old tractor parts, and built a unique lamp. His father was thrilled with the gift, as were others who saw it. That one labor of love changed Carling’s life forever. He left his 25-year corporate management career and devoted his time to creating one-of-a-kind, steampunk lamps, created from original gauges, gears and industrial artifacts. His work is displayed in homes, restaurants, bars and corporations from Las Vegas, to Hong Kong, to Tasmania.
- Have you always worked with your hands? I grew up on a small farm in rural North Dakota and loved to work with my hands. There was always something to fix, create or re-purpose. I then spent 25 yrs. miscast in corporate America, probably the only corporate manager picking gunk out from under their fingernails in a Monday morning status meeting!
- What drew you to your chosen craft?, Nostalgia!!! I love early American industrial antiques! In the late 1800’s and early 1900’s, companies proudly put their name on everything they made, giving these items unique features and characteristics that you don’t see on products in today’s modern age. Those old industrial artifacts are crazy cool!
- What do you enjoy most about your craft?I love to see the reaction on customer’s faces when they connect a memory with one of my lamps. I built a lamp for one customer using an old steam gauge that was from the basement of her grandparent’s home. She was absolutely thrilled to have something that reminded her of days playing and enjoying time at her grandparents’ home.
Projects and Awards (References Upon Request)
- Walt Disney Adventureland - Disney's new restaurant called "The Tropical Hideaway"
- Lighting in Gordon Ramsey's Restaurant, Bread Street Kitchen - Hong Kong
- Featured on Handcrafted America TV show, Episode 7 (April 2016) - Hosted by Jill Wagner on the INSP network
- Lighting and tables at 4 Hearts Brewing - Australia
- Tortaco Mexican Restaurant - Dallas, Texas
- Tortaco Mexican Restaurant, Fort Worth TX
- Hand Cut Burger and Chop House - Scottsdale - AZ
- Dierks Bentleys Restaurant Whiskey Row - Nashville TN
- Mindvalley Corporate Headquarters- Kuala Lampur Malaysia
- RX Boiler Room - Las Vegas Nevada USA
- James Boags Bar - Launceston Airport Tasmania Australia 2015
- Best in Show Minneapolis Home and Garden show - Minneapolis MN USA 2014
- Best in Show Wisconsin State Fair - Milwaukee Wisconsin USA 2015
- Top Artist Edina Art Fair - Edina MN USA 2016
- Top 3 new vendor Minnesota State Fair - Minneapolis MN USA 2015
- Top Artist - Uptown Art Fair - Uptown MN USA 2015
- Featured in Minnesota Business Magazine - Dec 2014 issue - Minnesota USA
- Lighting used on the set of The Big Bang Theory - Aired 2/11/2016
- Featured on MN Original / TPT, TV show aired spring 2017
- Lighting found in Parry's Pizzeria and Bar, Longmont, Colorado, USA 2016
- Best Display Award, (Best of 400+ vendors) Edina MN Art Fair. 2016
- Invitational Award, Madison Art on the Square - 2016
- Lighting/Tables for Epic's Galactic Headquarters (Madison Wi) 2016
- Best Display, Edina Art Fair 2016
Our steampunk lamps and Tables are a fusion of salvaged antique industrial parts, Edison light bulbs, and contemporary craftsmanship. Many look as though they have been taken straight from an early American factory, only with modern electrical parts. With a combination of warm steampunk lighting and aged metal, these lamps have the power to transform any environment into the perfect setting. If you're looking for antique industrial lighting that doubles as a work of art, then you will love the masterful craftsmanship and attention to detail in all of our pieces here at Machine Age Lamps.