Vintage Industrial Instrument Aeronautical & Nautical Navigation Control Panel Lamp #CC44 - SOLD
Decca Navigation Systems were used both by ships and aircraft during and after World War II to determine position and course of travel. The Decca Navigation System was invented in the US, but development was carried out by Decca in the UK. It was first deployed by the Royal Navy during World War II. After the war it was extensively developed around the UK and later used in many areas around the world. Decca's primary use was for ship navigation in coastal waters but it was also used on aircraft, including a very early (1949) application of moving map displays. The system was deployed extensively in the North Sea area Great Britain, Scandinavia, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, and France. Range of accuracy varied from 400 nautical miles during daylight, and 200 to 250 nautical miles during night travel. The MK 12 instrument panel was a latter year version but typical of the various panels used throughout many years of early navigation.
- Led lights have been installed in indicator lights and also mounted inside gear shaft openings.
- Lights in gears flash on and off at random times, gear lights maybe switched off from random to being enabled by pushing buttons on the panel to light.
- The indicator lights have been installed with high reliable led lights. They are illumined steady as long as the panel light power is on.
- Aircraft gears used on this lamp were salvaged from various old aircraft and repurposed to complement this lamps machine age look.
- Black iron re-purposed pipe and fittings are used to secure and support the frame structure of this lamp. Some parts and fittings are old and some are new. Lamp frame is painted with a special metallic iron finish.
- Electrical components used within this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Included with this lamp is a 60W Antique Vintage Edison style bulb; any standard size medium bulb will work.
- Located on back side of this lamp is a variable intensity dimmer control, which adjusts the vintage style bulb for desired light level output. This power control dimmer is also a push on-push off power control switch for the lamp.
- Also located on the back side of this lamp is a push button switch to separately operate the lighted indicator lights and lighted gears.
- Lamp weigh is H= ”, W= ”, D= ”
- Rubber tip protectors are securedb
- Heavy duty 8 ft. power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards.
- Each of my lamps has a copper name plate riveted to back side with serial number stamped. I have sold several lamps and stand behind my workmanship. Satisfaction guaranteed.
- Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.