Vintage Fairchild PT-19A Instrument Control Panel lamp Light CC #39 - SOLD
Ready to Ship!
The instrument control panel featured on this lamp is from a Fairchild PT-19A WWII airplane. The history of this panel indicates it came from Smartt Field MO. In the early 1940's Smartt Field was used as a pilot Training facility. This early airfield was located in St. Charles County and just 11 miles north of Lambert Field, St. Louis MO. Lambert Field was a training facility for Army and Navy pilots and also a very busy airport, thus Smartt Field relieved some of the congestion and provided more opportunities for soloing new pilots.
This panel was the instructors panel in the rear seat of this early aircraft. This panel was displayed in a repair shop for decades and then in the 70's it was acquired and held by an aviation enthusiast - collector, until it was recently released by his estate. An instrument panel from a vintage aircraft and a piece of history to be remembered.
PT 19 the first prototype of the series was first flown 15 May 1939. Manufactured by Fairchild Aircraft Hagerstown MD. The second production run by Fairchild produced 3,181 airplanes of the PT-19A.
By 1944 more WWII pilots had received their introduction to military flight in Fairchild PT's than in any other aircraft.
Pre War colors of this aircraft were blue and yellow however, after 30 May 1942 the color was changed to overall silver.
- Aircraft gears used on this lamp were salvaged from various old aircraft and repurposed to complement this lamps machine age look.
- Black iron re-purposed pipe and fittings are used to secure and support the frame structure of this lamp. Some parts and fittings are old and some are new. Lamp frame is painted with a special metallic iron finish.
- Electrical components used within this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Included with this lamp is a 60W Antique Vintage Edison style bulb; any standard size medium bulb will work.
- Located on back side of this lamp is a variable intensity dimmer control, which adjusts the vintage style bulb for desired light level output. This power control dimmer is also a push on-push off power control switch for the lamp.
- Lamp weigh is 23 H= 18 ”, W=19 1/4 ”, D=18 ”
- Rubber tip protectors are secured to supporting feet to help protect the surface upon which this lamp sets.
- Heavy duty 8 ft. power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards.