Steampunk Industrial / Aviation / Wall Light Lamp / Stinson / Airplane Cowling / Lamp #dc103
1948 Stinson 108 wall lamp in dark blue with pinstripe
- This vintage Stinson engine cowling was re-purposed as a fun and interesting antique aviation wall lamp.
- This engine cowling was originally manufactured by the Stinson Aircraft Company in the late 1940’s.
- Its recognizable chrome grills are also vintage Stinson.
- The Stinson emblem is vintage, stainless steel, and removed from the instrument panel of a Stinson aircraft.
- Where the propeller used to be is now the coolest Edison style bulbs we could find. They are huge!
- Vintage Franklin valve covers and various aviation engine gears complete the internal look.
- The attached dimmer switch will allow you to adjust to any light levels.
- The bulbs are secured with heavy duty high quality light sockets. Sockets are common medium size.
- The lamp cord is heavy duty, with a ground. All surfaces of the lamp are grounded for safety.
- Electrical components used in the making of these lamps are UL approved.
- All new wiring is secured, safe, and meets safety standards.
- Hangs on the wall like a picture with two screws 16 inches apart.
- Cord runs out the bottom and plugs into any existing wall outlet.
- Electrician could hard wire for a clean cordless look controlled via a wall switch.
- Approximate size, 36” wide, 22” tall and 16” deep approximately 30lbs
Makes a great gift for an aviation enthusiast and is a stylish way to preserve history!! Just imagine this over a fire place or in a man cave.