Steampunk Airplane Aviation Jet Light / Douglas A-4 Skyhawk External tank end hanging lamp / Machine Age Lamp / #DC114 sold
- Authentic (50+ year old) Douglas tank end taken from an A-4 Skyhawk
- This tank end was originally manufactured by the Douglas Aircraft Company sometime between the 1950’s and 1970’s.
- The A-4 Skyhawk almost always carried these recognizable external fuel tanks with them.
- This tank end is now an amazingly cool hanging lamp!!
- One side is smooth white and the opposite side is a rough black.
- This lamp has a UL listing and ready to go into your pub, man cave, office or???
- Hangs from the ceiling and hard wired by an electrician
- Approximate size, 36” wide, 36” tall and 12” deep. 30lbs
- We have two available
- The tragic fire on the USS Forrestal during the Vietnam War was caused by a rocket misfiring and hitting an external tank on an A-4.
- In the event of a landing gear malfunction the A-4 could land on its external fuel tanks with almost no damage.
- The late John McCain was shot down over Vietnam in and A-4 Skyhawk