Antique De Havilland Chipmunk Aviation Instrument Control Panel Lamp #CC30
- The instrument panel used in this lamp came from a vintage aircraft built by De Havilland Aircraft of Canada Ltd.
- The RCAF accepted its first DHC-1 Chipmunks in 1948, as the first of a long production run of the 217 Chipmunks made in Canada.
- Gears used in this lamp were salvaged from various old aircraft and repurposed to complement the lamps machine age look.
- Frame for this lamp utilizes re-purposed black iron pipe. Some fittings are old and some are new.
- Electrical components used in this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Included with this lamp are three 60W antique vintage edison style bulbs; any standard size medium bulb will work.
- Located on back side of this lamp is a variable intensity dimmer control, which adjusts the vintage style bulbs for desired light level output. This dimmer is also a push on - push off for power control.
- Lamp weigh is 36.7 H=19 ”, W= 19 ”, D=18 ”
- Rubber tip protectors are secured to supporting feet to help protect the surface upon which this lamp sets.
- Heavy duty 8 ft power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors.
- Electrical wiring within lamp consists of 16 AWG aviation mil spec grade silver plated copper with Teflon insulation for durability.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards.
- Each of my lamps has a copper name plate riveted to back side with serial number stamped. I have sold several lamps and stand behind my workmanship. Satisfaction guaranteed.
- Please feel free to ask if you have any questions.