Aviation Cessna 172 Airplane Engine cowling wall sconce lamp light, # DC16 sold
- The vintage Cessna 172 engine cowling is re-purposed as a fun and interesting antique aviation wall lamp.
- This 172 engine cowling was originally manufactured by the Cessna aviation company in the early 1960’s.
- The propeller spinner and gears within the cowling are also vintage aviation parts.
- The finish of the cowling is polished aluminum and the nose cone is painted yellow. Both have interesting “war wounds” that very well likely could have been from a crash.
- The “exhaust lights” are Edison style light bulbs dimmable using the dimmer switch knob on the front.
- The bulbs are secured with heavy duty high quality polished nickel light sockets. Sockets are common medium size.
- The lamp cord is heavy duty 10ft, with a ground. All surfaces of the lamp are grounded for safety.
- Lamp size and weight: 24" tall 40" wide 18" deep 43lbs
- Due to the weight of this lamp much care will need to be taken when hanging on wall. Connecting to two wall studs is recommended.
- Electrical components used in the making of these lamps are UL approved.
- The actual fixture can be UL listed for an additional $300
- This may take up to 30 days, please call us if you need is sooner
- You can choose UL listing in the drop down box above
- All new wiring is secured, safe, and meets safety standards.
Makes a great gift for an aviation enthusiast and is a stylish way to preserve history!!