Steam punk 1940’s WWII Submarine Diesel Engine Generator Control Panel Lamp / Nautical / #cc63 sold
The feature for this lamp is a diesel-powered submarine instrument control panel. Source of panel indicated it was used by Fairbanks Morse. This company began continuous production of 38 8-1/8 diesel two stroke opposed-piston engines in 1938 for the United States Government. These engines were used for use in diesel-electric submarines of the 1940s and 1950s. One of the instruments has a service and recalibration stamp of 1952.
- Eleven instruments on this panel are consistent with use in a submarine engine control environment.
- Panel is very heavy steel construction.
- Four vintage bulk-head lights are from a salvaged shipyard. LED lighting mounted inside.
- Red LED lighting is mounted on the underside of this lamp for visual effect.
- Both the bulk-head lights and the red LED lights are adjustable and dimmable.
- Gears mounted top side are for a machine age visual look.
- Additional separate table lighting is included to luminate the front panel instruments in darker settings.
- Black iron re-purposed pipe and fittings are used to secure and support the frame structure of this lamp. Lamp frame is wielded, braced, secured, and painted with a special metallic iron finish.
- Electrical components used within this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Located on the back side is a red push button power switch which controls the low powered LED lighting power supply.
- Lamp weigh is 50 lbs. Size H= 20.5 ” , W = 20.5 ”, D = 14”
- Rubber tip protectors are secured to the feet of this lamp to help protect the surface where it sets.
- Heavy duty 5 ft. power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors for safety.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards. LED 12V power supply is safely fuzzed, switchable, and isolated from AC power.
- Each lamp has a copper name plate riveted to back side with serial number stamped. I have sold several lamps and stand behind my workmanship. Satisfaction guaranteed.
Share this item: