Aviation Antique Stearman Boeing PT-13 / N2S-5 / Instrument Control Panel Display Lamp #cc47 sold
Stearman (Boeing) Model 75 was a biplane used as a military trainer aircraft, of which at least 10,626 were built in the United States during the 1930's and 1940's. Stearman Aircraft became a subsidiary of Boeing in 1934. Widely known as the Stearman, Boeing Stearman or Kaydet, it served as a primary trainer for the United States Army Air Forces, the United States Navy (as the NS & N2S), and with the Royal Canadian Air Force as the Kaydet throughout World War II. After the conflict was over, thousands of surplus aircraft were sold on the civilian market. In the immediate postwar years they became popular as crop dusters, sports planes, and for aerobatic and wing walking use in air shows.
- This is an actual antique authentic instrument panel and gauges.
- History of this instrument panel indicates it was used by the U.S. Navy. N2S-5 AKA the "Yellow Peril" because of its overall-yellow paint Scheme. 1450 aircraft of this variant were delivered to U.S. Navy.
- Instruments installed in this panel are all lighted with LED lights. The eyebrow lights have been upgraded to more reliable and low powered bright LED lights. Two high reliable LEDs are installed in all instruments. Some instruments are lighted from within with LEDs
- Aircraft gears used on this lamp were salvaged from various old aircraft and repurposed to complement this lamps machine age look.
- Black iron re-purposed pipe and fittings are used to secure and support the frame structure of this lamp. Some parts and fittings are old and some are new. Lamp frame is painted with a special metallic iron finish.
- Electrical components used within this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Included with this lamp are two 60W Antique Vintage Edison style bulbs; any standard size medium bulb will work.
- Located on back side of this lamp is a variable intensity dimmer control, which adjusts the vintage style bulb for desired light level output. This power control dimmer is also a push on-push off power control switch for the vintage style bulbs. A separate push button switch separately operates the instrument lights.
- Lamp weigh is 33.5 lbs. H=20.5”, W= 30”, D= 17”
- Rubber tip protectors are secured to the feet of this lamp to help protect the surface where it sets.
- Heavy duty 8 ft. power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors for safety.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards. LED power supply is safely fuzzed switchable, and isolated from AC lamp power.
- Each lamp has a copper name plate riveted to back side with serial number stamped. I have sold several lamps and stand behind my workmanship. Satisfaction guaranteed.
- A bonus included with this lamp is a aircraft information document with medal frame and stand.