Airplane / Aviation / North American Aviation T-6 Texan Instrument Control Panel Lamp / #cc59
T6 Texan was an advanced trainer aircraft manufactured by North American Aviation, with a first fight 1 April 1935. A total of 15,495 were built by NAA or under contract by various countries. At least 124 different variants were built. The T-6 was a single-engine advanced trainer aircraft used to train pilots of the United States Army Airforce, United States Navy, Royal Air Force, and other air forces of the British Commonwealth during World War II. Served in armed forces of 55 nations in a wide variety of roles such as primary, basic or advanced trainer, fighter, bomber, attack, transport, tow target, photographic and observation plane. A total of 14,130 aircraft were built from January of 1940 to August 1945.
- T6 cockpit panel hood covers this instrument panel with LED light strip to illuminate instruments.
- A dimmer control is located at the rear of panel to adjust the brightness of the panel illumination.
- Eight red LEDs shine down from the underside of the panel for visual effect.
- Black iron re-purposed pipe and fittings are used to secure and support the frame structure of this lamp. Lamp frame is wielded, braced, secured, and painted with a special metallic iron finish.
- Electrical components used within this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Included with this lamp are two 60W Antique Vintage Edison style bulbs; any standard size medium bulb will work.
- Located on the back side of this lamp is a variable intensity dimmer control, which adjusts the vintage style bulbs for desired light level output. This power control dimmer is also a push-on-push-off power control switch for the vintage style bulbs.
- A separate red push button power switch operates the low powered LED lighting power supplies.
- Lamp weigh is 38 lbs. Size H = 24 ” , W = 28”, D = 18”
- Rubber tip protectors are secured to the feet of this lamp to help protect the surface where it sets.
- Heavy duty 8 ft. power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors for safety.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards. LED power supply is safely fuzzed, switchable, and isolated from AC lamp power.
- Each lamp has a copper name plate riveted to back side with serial number stamped. I have sold several lamps and stand behind my workmanship. Satisfaction guaranteed.