Airplane / Aviation / Fairchild PT-26 Instrument Control Panel Lamp / #cc62 sold
The Fairchild PT-26 was a WWII trainer aircraft. Also known as the M62A and the British Cornell. The PT-26 trainer was the first plane WWII pilots flew before moving on to advanced trainers and single seat fighters or bombers. Fairchild Aircraft of Hagerstown, Maryland, was under contract by US Army Air Force in 1938 to produce tandem cockpit, primary trainer aircraft. A total of 1727 PT-26’s of different variants was produced in the United States by Fairchild and in Canada by Fleet Aircraft, LTD. The RCAF first flew Cornell’s in 1940. Constructed primarily of wood, wood veneer and fabric covering.
- Feature item for this lamp is an instrument control panel repurposed from a WWII aircraft.
- All instruments are lighted with low powered LED’s lights
- Flickering orange LED light mounted in center of aircraft gear.
- Nine red LEDs shine down from the underside of the panel for visual effect.
- Black iron re-purposed pipe and fittings are used to secure and support the frame structure of this lamp. Lamp frame is wielded, braced, secured, and painted with a special metallic iron finish.
- Electrical components used within this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Included with this lamp are two 60W Antique Vintage Edison style bulbs; any standard size medium bulb will work.
- Located on the back side of this lamp is a variable intensity dimmer control, which adjusts the vintage style bulbs for desired light level output. This power control dimmer is also a push-on-push-off power control switch for the vintage style bulbs.
- A separate red push button power switch operates the low powered LED lighting power supply.
- Lamp weigh is 37 lbs. Size H= 20” , W = 19.5”, D = 15”
- Rubber tip protectors are secured to the feet of this lamp to help protect the surface where it sets.
- Heavy duty 5 ft. power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors for safety.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards. LED 5V power supply is safely fuzzed, switchable, and isolated from AC lamp power.
- Each lamp has a copper name plate riveted to back side with serial number stamped. I have sold several lamps and stand behind my workmanship. Satisfaction guaranteed.