Steampunk / Vintage p-51 Instrument Panel Lamp / Aviation / Airplane / WW2 / #CC51
- The instrument panel featured on this lamp come from an old P51 Mustang. The North American Aviation P-51 Mustang is an American long-range, single-seat fighter and fighter-bomber used during World War II and the Korean War, among other conflicts. The Mustang was designed in 1940 by North American Aviation. The prototype NA-73X airframe rolled out on 9 September 1940, and first flew on 26 October. The P-51 Mustang was a solution to the need for an effective bomber escort. It used a common, reliable engine and had internal space for a large fuel load. With external fuel tanks, it could accompany the bombers from England to Germany and back.
- Instruments installed in this panel are all lighted with LED lights. The eyebrow lights have been upgraded to more reliable and low powered bright LED lights. Two high reliable LEDs are installed in all instruments. Some instruments are lighted from within with LEDs.
- Aircraft gears used on this lamp were salvaged from various old aircraft and repurposed to complement this lamps machine age look. The gears on this lamp have LED's installed behind the third layer of aircraft gears for a flickering flame like display.
- Black iron re-purposed pipe and fittings are used to secure and support the frame structure of this lamp. Some parts and fittings are old and some are new. Lamp frame is painted with a special metallic iron finish.
- Electrical components used within this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Included with this lamp are two 60W Antique Vintage Edison style bulbs; any standard size medium bulb will work.
- Located on right side of this lamp is a variable intensity dimmer control, which adjusts the vintage style bulbs for desired light level output. This power control dimmer is also a push on-push off power control switch for the vintage style bulbs. A separate red push button switch separately operates the instrument panel lights.
- Lamp weigh is 43 lbs. H= 21 W= 21 D= 12
- Rubber tip protectors are secured to the feet of this lamp to help protect the surface where it sets.
- Heavy duty 8 ft. power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors for safety.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards. LED power supply is safely fuzzed switchable, and isolated from AC lamp power.
- Each lamp has a copper name plate riveted to back side with serial number stamped. I have sold several lamps and stand behind my workmanship. Satisfaction guaranteed.
- A bonus included with this lamp is a aircraft information document with medal frame and stand.