Steampunk Industrial / Aviation / Hunter Green Color / Wall Light Lamp / Stinson / Airplane Cowling / Lamp #dc134
Ready to ship - Ships in 48 business hours (see video below)
- This vintage Stinson engine cowling was re-purposed as a fun and interesting rotating antique aviation wall lamp.
- It was originally manufactured by the Stinson Aircraft Company in 1946. The tail number of the plane it was removed from is N97242. Last home was in California.
- Its recognizable polished grills are also vintage Stinson.
- The Stinson emblem is vintage, stainless steel, and removed from the instrument panel of a Stinson aircraft.
- Where the propeller used to be is now the coolest Edison style bulbs we could find. They are huge!
- With the spinning version, the spinner and bulbs rotate at 6rpm’s and rotating can be turned on or off with the installed switch. The rotating mechanism is heavy duty, safe, and UL listed.
- Vintage Franklin valve covers and various aviation engine gears complete the internal look.
- The attached dimmer switch will allow you to adjust to any light levels.
- The bulbs are secured with heavy duty high quality light sockets. Sockets are common medium size.
- The lamp cord is heavy duty, with a ground. All surfaces of the lamp are grounded for safety.
- Electrical components used in the making of these lamps are UL approved.
- All new wiring is secured, safe, and meets safety standards.
- Hangs on the wall like a picture with two screws 16 inches apart.
- Cord runs out the bottom and plugs into any existing wall outlet.
- Electrician could hard wire for a clean cordless look controlled via a wall switch.
- Approximate size, 36” wide, 22” tall and 16” deep approximately 30lbs
Makes a great gift for an aviation enthusiast and is a stylish way to preserve history!! Just imagine this over a fire place or in a man cave.