Thanks for the opportunity!
We will build a barn beam chandelier using a cool old timber
- Timber will be 6' in length
- sizing of timber will be about 4" by 8"
- We will find one that is similar below, with the joints and dowels (if available)
- logging chain to the ceiling mount
- We will wrap the beam with steel and secure with square head plain steel lags
- power will be offset about 2' and be wired with a plug to plug in, you can cut this off and wire directly if needed
- We will also supply a super nice cover for your power junction box
- We will supply square head lags to secure the mounting box as seen below
- 12 to 14 light sockets
- Bulbs will hang at different lengths between 6 and 12 below the beam (we can alter this if needed
- We will include bulbs
- Free shipping
- Please let us know how far you would like the top of the beam to be from the ceiling. (or what is the lowest you would like a bulb to hang)
The ceiling that this is mounting on is on a slant. The height of the ceiling in the center of fixture is about 118” from the floor.
I would like the bulbs to hang no lower than about 80” or so but think if you leave some extra chain on it so I could play with the height a bit would be cool.
As far as the beam.
- I definitely like the way this is mounted so it is “tall” not wide.
- I am very interested in having the cut end as antiqued or beat up to look as “uncut” as possible
- I am willing to wait for a cool beam with the joints and dowels. This is going directly in the middle of my main living area and will be a huge conversation piece. I want it to look cool and not just be an old plain beam. I really like that character
- I’m completely happy with that color.
I am sure you will come up with something cool to mount over the electric should I decide to hard wire it. The wire will be dead center of the beam and please leave enough to maybe put a loop in it or “drape” t over to the light bass then drop it down