Steampunk Industrial / Aviation / Wall Light Lamp / Piper Tri-Pacer / Airplane Cowling / Lamp #dc104
Rotating version ready to ship - Cowling taken from a 1956 piper tripacer with tail number n4824a , which flew over Michigan
- This vintage Piper engine cowling was re-purposed as a fun and interesting antique aviation wall lamp.
- Our most popular cowling light.
- This engine cowling was originally manufactured by the Piper aviation company.
- Where the propeller used to be is now the coolest Edison style bulbs we could find. They are huge!!
- The propeller spinner and Piper emblem are also vintage Piper.
Picture shows the shorter version of the Piper spinner, if you prefer we can swap it out with the slightly larger Piper spinner typically seen on Tri-Pacers.
- Vintage Lycoming valve covers and various aviation gears complete the internal look.
- The attached dimmer switch will allow you to adjust to any light levels.
- The bulbs are secured with heavy duty high quality light sockets. Sockets are common medium size.
- The lamp cord is heavy duty, with a ground. All surfaces of the lamp are grounded for safety.
- Electrical components used in the making of these lamps are UL approved.
- All new wiring is secured, safe, and meets safety standards.
- With the spinning version, the spinner and bulbs rotate at 6rpm’s and rotating can be turned on or off with the installed switch. The rotating mechanism is heavy duty, safe, and UL listed.
- Hangs on the wall like a picture with two screws 16 inches apart.
- Cord runs out the bottom and plugs into any existing wall outlet.
- Electrician could hard wire for a clean cordless look controlled via a wall switch.
- Approximate size, 32” wide, 22” tall and 16” deep. Approximately 30lbs
Makes a great gift for an aviation enthusiast and is a stylish way to preserve history!! Just imagine this over a fire place or in a man cave.