Machine Age Lamp Airplane Aviation Light / Directional Gyro / Magnetic Compass Panel / Lamp #cc58
Ready to ship - Ships in 48 business hours
This panel displays instruments used in early days of aviation navigation. Magnetic compasses were common on most all aircraft and according to the interchangeability guide of the US AAF, dated 05 Feb 1945, the Directional Gyro was used across a variety of military aircraft during WWII, including fighters P-51, P-40, and P-47, as well as bombers B-17, B-25, and B-29.
- Two instruments mounted in this display panel are lighted within with efficient LED lights to enhance the authentic display. Two LED’s installed in each instrument.
- A lighted vintage red indicator lamp is mounted on the feature display panel, which has been upgraded to a LED bulb.
- Aircraft gears used on this lamp were salvaged from various old aircraft and repurposed to complement this lamps machine age look.
- Black iron re-purposed pipe and fittings are used to secure and support the frame structure of this lamp. Lamp frame is painted with a special metallic iron finish.
- Electrical components used within this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Included with this lamp is a 60W Antique Vintage Edison style bulb; any standard size medium bulb will work.
- Located on the back side of this lamp is a variable intensity dimmer control, which adjusts the vintage style bulb for desired light level output. This power control dimmer is also a push-on-push-off power control switch for the vintage style bulb.
- A separate red push button power switch operates the LEDs lighting within the panel instruments and indicator light.
- Lamp weigh is 15 lbs. Size H= 21” W= 7 1/2 ”, D= 16 ”
- Rubber tip protectors are secured to the feet of this lamp to help protect the surface where it sets.
- Heavy duty 8 ft. power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors for safety.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards. LED power supply is safely fuzzed, switchable, and isolated from AC lamp power.
- Also included with this lamp is a document describing the function of the Directional Gyro Instrument.
- Each lamp has a copper name plate riveted to back side with serial number stamped. I have sold several lamps and stand behind my workmanship. Satisfaction guaranteed.