Airplane / Aviation / Actual T-6 Harvard MK II aircraft / Instrument Control Panel Lamp / #cc61
The North American T-6 Harvard AKA "the pilot maker" played an important role as a basic combat trainer during WW II and beyond. 1938 T-6 Harvard’s were first assembled in California USA. January 1940 a license was granted to the Noorduyn Aircraft Company of Canada who began producing the aircraft for the RCAF. Training schools were established by at Moose Jaw, Claresholm, Calgary and eventually Penhold, to instruct trainee pilots from Norway, Denmark, Italy, France, West Germany, Portugal, Turkey, Belgium, Holland, and Great Britain. As of 1940, the required flights hours for combat pilots earning their wings had been cut from seven months to just 200 hours. Of those hours, 75 were logged in the AT-6. A total of 20,110 Harvard aircraft were built between 1938 and 1954, 3,370 of them in Canada.
- All instrument are lighted with low powered LED’s
- Nine red LEDs shine down from the underside of the panel for visual effect.
- Black iron re-purposed pipe and fittings are used to secure and support the frame structure of this lamp. Lamp frame is wielded, braced, secured, and painted with a special metallic iron finish.
- Electrical components used within this lamp are new and were obtained from manufactures that have the UL approved endorsement.
- Included with this lamp are two 60W Antique Vintage Edison style bulbs; any standard size medium bulb will work.
- Located on the back side of this lamp is a variable intensity dimmer control, which adjusts the vintage style bulbs for desired light level output. This power control dimmer is also a push-on-push-off power control switch for the vintage style bulbs.
- A separate red push button power switch operates the low powered LED lighting power supply.
- Lamp weigh is 46.5 lbs. Size H =23” , W =21”, D =15”
- Rubber tip protectors are secured to the feet of this lamp to help protect the surface where it sets.
- Heavy duty 8 ft. power cord has grounded plug with 3 conductors for safety.
- All Lamp surfaces are grounded for safety, all wiring is securely clamped, protected, and meets safety standards. LED power supply is safely fuzzed, switchable, and isolated from AC lamp power.
Each lamp has a copper name plate riveted to back side with serial number stamped. I have sold several lamps and stand behind my workmanship. Satisfaction guaranteed.